Virtual Artist Studio Visits
Live at #VCMVirtual
Thursday, May 7, 7:00pm – 7:45pm
Featuring Marcelo Salup
Join Life Is Art during our weekly sessions at Venture Cafe’s #VCMVirtual online events to meet local artists. Take a step “out” of your lockdown to enjoy a tour of the artist’s studio, listen to their stories, and interact with them to ask about their lives and process. Go full-screen and it is almost like you are there!
Take a break from the talking heads of most Zoom meetings. A way to get “out” and see something new and different. The opportunity to talk creativity and inspiration. To refresh your spirit and feed your soul. To pep up your mind maybe help you look at things from a new perspective. Art IS innovation and Life Is Art.
At 20 Marcelo Salup was a professional rock & roll photographer for “Vibraciones”, a music magazine in Madrid. He never lost his appetite for hard rock and heavy metal. Today, Marcelo is a loving supporter of the hyper-local music scene. His mantra is “make no bland pictures”.
• 4 times Oski Award winner in photography
• Pro bono photography for: Lotus House, Lighthouse for the Blind, Miami Rescue Mission
• Ex-professional music photographer
1. 1974 – 1986 – Professional Photographer at Vibraciones Magazine; chief copywriter international account at Kenyon & Eckhardt Spain; creative director at D’Arcy Masius Benton & Bowles.
2. 1986 – 2006 – Regional media director for Latin America, Foote Cone & Belding; Media director Mexico, McCann-Erickson; regional media director, McCann-Erickson Latin America; EVP and International Media Director Foote Cone & Belding
3. 2007 – 2020 – Managing Director, Grupo Uno Miami; Managing Director Universal McCann Latin America; CMO DMG Solutions; Founder: Montaño Salup Advertising; Iffective Marketing; CEO Analytics.