The River Of Art presentation set of programs serves to bring people together in strategic venues to foster appreciation for the arts while providing opportunities for local artists and businesses to engage potential patrons. An important economic engine for participants, the event locations are selected with the goal of dispersing opportunity throughout Miami-Dade—in much the same way the Miami River flows through the region, hence the name.
River Of Art Social Networkers – bringing people and art together [Past Photos] [Upcoming Events]
* Using artistic works as a back-drop, social networkers engage a broad set of business professionals, innovators, entrepreneurs, change-makers and civic organizers through pop-up exhibitions in locations around the County.
* These social exhibitions provide opportunities for local artists to display their works, introduce new people to local art appreciation and showcase community organizations and businesses.
* The shows are anchored by visual art, but may include music or performance, as well.
Soul Of [City] Shows – community stories through music [More Information Coming]
* Through music showcases, this program highlights local communities and uplifts artists by employing hometown experiences as cultural well-springs.
* The Soul Of [insert City name] Show is a series of competitive events across the County at which emerging music artists from the local areas submit original works that reference their life in their respective community.
* The local qualifying showcases culminate with a final major annual event to bridge the cultural accessibility gap between the communities and provide greater exposure for the artists.
LifeFest – signature music and community festival [More Information Coming]
* With artistic, community-engagement and educational programming, this major outdoor festival features all that is awesome in South Florida, everything conducive to a healthy, happy and prosperous culturally-rich environment.
* Anchored by headlining music acts, featuring the best of local music and highlighting talented emerging artists, this show is designed to blow up the live music scene in south Florida, while providing space for changemakers and community-builders to promote their missions.
* Hosts the finals of the Soul Of [City] Shows.
Miami Featured International Art Fair – shining the light on south Florida arts [More Information Coming]
* This event is designed to be the missing bridge of that chasm between the local emerging artists and the international arts scene.
* A major contemporary art fair that includes art from all over the world, but also provides opportunities for south Florida based artists to participate through scholarships.
* Hosts the finalists from the River Of Art shows.