Life Is Art Official Call for Artists [mi.ami][inter.play] Booth at Spectrum Miami!
READ CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYING
Life Is Art [mi.ami][inter.play] Booth SPECTRUM Miami has provided Life Is Art with a donated booth in which to feature Miami and South Florida artists. The focus of [mi.ami][inter.play] is collaboration – between artists, between the arts and the community, and between Miami and the Art World at large. Works are encouraged to be collaborative creations with two or more artists, but are not required to be so. Works may be in any of the visual mediums.
This is a juried show with an open call for artists. Any artist living or working in south Florida may apply. Preference is given to collaborative works, but individual works are also welcome. We are also encouraging 3D and multi-media works. A small application fee is assessed to cover the costs of processing. All work must be for sale. Life Is Art is taking no commission, but a small sales commission will be paid to the booth staff. There is no hanging fee.
The theme of the works should be that interplay between art and community, the congruence, how art tells the story of the people and their life, how the community thrives on that art. Conversely, it can speak to how art is disruptive, how it breaks the community, exposing holes in its soul. Artists are free to create their own interpretation of that theme, but make it speak to how art and culture are the soul of any society.
* Location: SPECTRUM Miami,3011 NE 1st Avenue at NE 30th St, Miami, FL 33137 (Booth number TBA)
* Dates: Wednesday, Dec. 3rd, 6-10pm (Opening preview), Thursday, Dec. 4th, 1pm-9pm, Friday, Dec. 5th, 1pm-9pm, Saturday, Dec. 6th, 1pm-9pm, Sunday, Dec. 7th, 12pm-6pm
* Open to artists living and working in the following counties: Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, Monroe.
* Deadline: August 23, 2014
. * Application fee: $5.00.
* Hanging fee: $0.00.
* Sales Commission: 20% paid to the booth staff.
* Each artist or collaboration may submit up to 5 pieces for consideration.
* Artists will be required to spend some time in the booth throughout the show.
* Set up instructions will be sent if you are chosen for the show.
* If you are chosen, you will be notified via EMAIL by September 5, 2014. Artists who do not confirm in a timely manner may be replaced.
* Fill out the form below completely to apply.
* After filling out the form, pay your application fee via Paypal at the bottom of the page. Submissions without payment will not be considered.
THE FINE PRINT
By agreeing to set up at SPECTRUM Miami, the below agrees to protect, keep and save Life Is Art, SPECTRUM Miami, and all their officers and staff, forever harmless from any damage, loss, cost, liability, or expense that arises from their being at this event. This agreement covers full setup, run of the event, and takedown. By entering your name below below, you indicate your approval of all information contained. Â Life Is Art reserves the right to refuse entrance or participation as allowed by law.
Â * I have read and understood and agree to all of the above.
* I release Life Is Art, SPECTRUM Miami, and promotional partners to use my name, image, and company information in the promotion of the event.
* By typing my name below, I certify that this signifies a signature of agreement.
Call for Artist Submission Form
THE CALL FOR ARTISTS IS NOW CLOSED. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO APPLIED. CONFIRMATIONS WILL BE SENT OUT THE WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 5, 2014