This is from our good friends at the Association of Fundraising Professionals. (I am actually on the Board of Directors.) This is a paid gig, so if you are a local videographer, definitely check it out!
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
2015 marks the 30th Anniversary of the Association of Fundraising Professionals Miami Chapter’s National Philanthropy Day; a day of celebrating and honoring the generosity, dedication and good work of individuals, foundations, businesses and corporations. What began as a small event in 1985 in Miami has been adopted by AFP chapters around the globe to honor individuals, foundations and corporations in their respective communities.
A highlight of the Miami-Dade luncheon is a video that introduces each honoree to the audience prior to their receipt of the award. For 2015, this video will be high priority; in addition to capturing the essence of each honoree, the video will showcase the history of philanthropy in our Miami-Dade community.
This is a request for a proposal to write, film, edit, produce and show the film at National Philanthropy Day on November 11, 2015. The video should tell the story of philanthropy and philanthropists during the past 30 years, showing the challenges, the achievements, and the lives improved through the generosity of one person to another. The video should demonstrate that AFP Miami has been the leading professional organization for fundraisers and how it has enhanced the knowledge, professionalism, and success of fundraising in Miami-Dade County.
The video will also introduce the honorees to the audience.
The video will:
1. Be between 10 and 15 minutes in duration
2. Use licensed music
3. Include video interviews with all six honoree to tell each honoreeâ€™s story including “B” roll showcasing their many interests
4. Relate events over the past 30 years in Miami-Dade County that have been affected by philanthropy, such as rebuilding after Hurricane Andrew or addressing homelessness.
5. Include reference to philanthropists in addition to those being honored.
The winning bidder will work closely with the designated NPD Committee contact showing flexibility and accommodation through all stages of the production of the film.
The winning bidder must be present at National Philanthropy Day to ensure technical or other difficulties do not prevent the showing of the film.
The winning bidder will be selected solely by the judgment of AFP Miami National Philanthropy Day Video Committee. Selection will be based upon the:
1. Creativity of the proposal,
2. Experience of the bidder,
3. Quality of the bidderâ€™s portfolio of work,
4. Proposed cost to produce the video,
5. Estimated time to produce the video from concept to delivery of finished film.
You must send your bids via postal mail.
Bids are due by 5:00 pm Friday, May 1, 2015 to Thomas Schramm at 14840 SW 144 Terrace, Miami, Florida 33196. Bids will include:
1. A summary of the film as the bidder envisions it
2. A listing of films and other productions done by the bidder
3. Samples of prior films
4. A cost estimate to produce the film
5. An estimated production timeline.
All bids will be reviewed to determine that they meet all the requirements, i.e., that they are responsive. All responsive bids will be evaluated by the Committee to select the winning bidder and an alternate. Negotiations with the winning bidder are expected to result in a contract award within two weeks. If for any reason negotiations fail to produce a contract, negotiations for a contract with the alternate will begin and the original bid winner will no longer be considered.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – –