Life Is Art supports Unite 4: Good
Unite 4: Good ‘Day Of Unity’ Launches In Miami
To Foster Acts Of Kindness, Public Service & Positive Community Action
Citywide Volunteer Activities are Scheduled for January 20th, 2014 and an Evening Celebration will Feature a Musical Performance by Award Winning Recording Artist Flo Rida
Unite 4: Good — The global movement for humanity announces the unite4:good Day of Unity nationwide tour kickoff in Miami, FL, with community volunteer activities taking place all across “The Magic City” on Martin Luther King Day, January 20th, 2014. Closing the dayâ€™s activities–a celebration featuring Flo Rida will serve not only to thank all those that participated, but to encourage others to join the movement.
In an effort to bring the community together and help create a shift of social consciousness from negative to positive, various Miami organizations are committing to take action in a lineup of events which will take place at several locations throughout the city. All activities are focused on enabling people to inspire, empower and share. Volunteers are asked to participate and sign up here.
Highlights of Jan. 20 community events around the City of Miami include:
- 37th Annual Miami MLK Parade: MUJER, SOS and VIDA are leading the way with this tribute parade in honor of the amazing civil rights leader. It will travel along NW 54th Street, beginning at 10th Avenue in Liberty City, before ending at Martin Luther King Jr. Park.
- Urgent Inc. is hosting a Community Paint Day at Dorsey Park. Kadir Nelson, the featured mentoring artist, children, their families, and hundreds of volunteers will be painting murals to revitalize Overtown and the historical Dorsey Park, known for being the only field where the Negro Baseball League was allowed to play.
- Hear Congo will bring out high school students to set up a face painting station at Dorsey Park in support of Urgent Inc.â€™s Murals at Dorsey Park project.
- Chapman Partnership will host a warehouse cleanup across from their Downtown Center.
Palace at Kendall Assisted Living will be singing and dancing with the elderly in the community.
- Amigos For Kids will launch their reading program at Jose Marti Park which will invite volunteers to join their ongoing after school program.
- PARK Project will host a FLASH MOB of KINDNESS throughout the city to Perform Acts of Random Kindness (PARK), along with giving high-fives, hugs and uplifting give-a-ways.
- Miami Childrenâ€™s Hospital will host volunteers who will distribute toys to the kids.
- Rise Up To Cure Paralysis will host an art therapy workshop at the Rise Up Gallery.
- Energy Yoga & Wellness Center will feature free wellness services throughout the day.
- STARS School for Autism will host and plant a garden with 12 kids and their parents.
The evening celebration featuring Flo Rida will be held at the Ice Palace Film Studios, located at 59 NW 14th St, Miami, FL 33136. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. and the event will end at 10:30 p.m. Entrance is complimentary for volunteers and tickets are also available for purchase starting at $50, with all proceeds dedicated to furthering the unite4:good mission. Tickets are available here.
With thousands of volunteers expected to come out and participate at multiple locations, the coalition of businesses and organizations who are supporting the unite4:good Day of Unity is growing quickly. Coalition partners include organizations such as the Haiti Cultural Center, Florida International University, Neighbors 4 Neighbors, Voices for Children, Belly Motions, Special Olympics Florida, Miami-Dade College and more.
â€œUnity is a powerful force that can bring about change, both immediately and for the future,â€ said unite4:good Founder and global philanthropist, Anthony Melikhov. â€œIn this Day of Unity, Miami is coming together and showing the world is that its residents inherently want to do good things, be kind to others and live in a community filled with positivity and the spirit of giving. It is an inspirational model that sets the bar high for many other cities across the country who will participate later in the year.â€
Unite 4: Good is a revolutionary global movement that will establish a new standard whereby acts of kindness and service become so idolized that everyone chooses to make them a part of their daily life. Through empowering action, creating new programs, and uniting both individuals and organizations in innovative ways–we will provoke positive and lasting change on a global scale. Unite 4: Good will encourage everyone to inspire, empower, share and love.