Life Is Art Official Call for Artists
Life Is Art Block at Art Deco Weekend 2015
We are very excited to announce that The Miami Design Preservation League has invited Life Is Art to host a local art show within their 38th Annual Art Deco Weekend! On January 16th, 17th, and 18th, Life Is Art will have an entire block of Ocean Drive to fill with amazing artists from South Florida. With an annual draw of 300,000 attendees per weekend and coverage in all the major press, this is an excellent opportunity.
Life Is Art is creating our very own â€œArt Zoneâ€ within the Art Deco Weekend Festival called the LIFE IS ART BLOCK! All of our artists will be gathered into the block between 11th and 12th Streets on Ocean Drive, the Art Block featuring only local artists. Thanks to the Miami Design Preservation League, we can offer a special price for local artists, lower than any of the other vendors at Art Deco Weekend! Plus, a portion of the booth fee goes to support Life Is Art, so we can bring you even more programming throughout the year.
Spaces are limited, so buy your booth soon!
* This is a boothed fair that includes art, music, fashion, tours, seminars, food, drinks, live performance and parades!
* Event Date: January 16, 17, 18, 2014
* Time: Friday noon-11pm, Saturday 10am-11pm, and Sunday 10am-8pm
* Location: Ocean Drive, 11th Street to 12th Street, Miami Beach, FL 33139
* Check the Festival Website for more event details
* ELIGIBILITY: Open to visual artists living and/or working in the following counties: Monroe, Miami-Dade, Broward, Collier and Palm Beach.
* THEME: Artwork does not need to be Deco in nature. All subjects accepted.
* DEADLINE: Sunday, December 21, 2014 or when we run out of spaces,whichever comes first.
* Application fee: $0.00.
* Local Artist Booth fee: $425.00
* Price includes, TENT, TABLE, CHAIR & ELECTRICITY.
* Payment must be made at the time of application.
* Artists may share booths, but all artists must be listed in the submission form.
* Booths may not be sublet.
* Payment may be made by Credit/Debit Card or Paypal. Contact us if you wish to pay via Check.
* Once your application is accepted there are no refunds after December 1st.
* Set up instructions will be sent after we have confirmed your payment.
* Items for sale must be primarily artwork created by the named exhibiting artist(s), primarily orginals, but may also include high quality prints. Anciliary products, such as t-shirts or stickers, may be included, if they only occupy a small area.
* Booth spaces are 10â€™x10â€² and include a Tent, Table, Chair, Electricity and Parking!
* Tents include canvas walls to close up at night.
* There will be overnight onsite security.
* Artists will each receive one parking pass per booth when they check in. It will vary in location.
* All Life Is Art Block booths will be gathered along Ocean Drive in one blockÂ to create an â€œart zoneâ€ right next to the Promenade.
* Artists must supply their own display materials (walls, easels, lights, etc). Displays must be sturdy enough to withstand crowds and South Florida weather.
* Artist booths must remain open during all festival hours: Friday noon-11pm, Saturday 10 am-11pm, and Sunday 10 am-8pm.
* Booth must be occupied by artistâ€™s representative or artist at all times.
* Artist (or designated representative) is responsible for sales.
* Artist is responsible for payment of their own sales tax; Dade County/Miami Beach tax officials will be at Vendor Check In to collect payment from you in cash, money order, or cashierâ€™s check.
* A Tax ID certificate must be visible in the booth at all times. (If you need a Sales Tax ID, go here to register)
* Artist is responsible for all setup and takedown of artwork and personal displays. Bring your own dolly/hand cart, there is no guarantee you will be able to drive up to your assigned booth.
* You may not block or impede traffic flow to other vendors with merchandise or by standing outside of your booth area.
* Artists are encouraged to decorate their booths to their own tastes.
* All displays must be kept within the booth space.
* The City of Miami Beach strenuously enforces the Americans with Disabilities Act. Their code requires “all cashier counters (counters where money transactions occur) must be no higher than 36 inches maximum above finish floor, for a minimum length of 36 inches.”
* Artists are responsible for the security of their wares overnight. There will be onsite security.
* Artists should insure their own exhibit and display materials. MDPL, Life Is Art and Large Marge Productions do not and will not assume liability for theft, injury, nor any other accident that may occur during the event to visitors or vendors.
* All electrical equipment are subject to inspection by MDPL/Art Deco Weekend, its agents, contractors, and Miami Beach City Officials. (Any artist using appliances or equipment (especially extension cords) not suitable for hook-up will be closed down immediately. MDPL/Art Deco Weekend and its contracted agents will refuse connections where wiring is not in accordance with local electrical code. Your electric usage is subject to verification by ADW contracted electricians. Violators may be fined and/or disconnected without notice. Drawing more electricity than ordered causes blackouts and fire hazards for all and is deemed a serious offense. Due to regulations in the National Electricity code, and in order to provide additional safety to everyone concerned, we will provide electricity which is Ground Fault Protected. Make sure the equipment you use has been tested to be free of any leakage to the ground, otherwise the circuit will cut off creating inconveniences for you and others on your same line. Electricity will be permanently cut to that particular device. We suggest all plug-in equipment be tested on a bathroom or garage receptacle with GFI switch.)
THE FINE PRINT
By agreeing to set up at Art Deco Weekend, the below agrees to protect, keep and save Life Is Art, Art Deco Weekend, Miami Design Preservation League, The City of Miami, and all their officers and staff, forever harmless from any damage, loss, cost, liability, or expense that arises from their being at this event. This agreement covers full setup, run of the event, and takedown. By entering your name below below, you indicate your approval of all information contained. Life Is Art reserves the right to refuse entrance or participation as allowed by law.
* I have read and understood and agree to all of the above.
* I release Life Is Art, Art Deco Weekend, and promotional partners to use my name, image, and company information in the promotion of the event.
* By typing my name below, I certify that this signifies a signature of agreement.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR INTEREST, THIS OPPORTUNITY IS NOW SOLD OUT.