Life Is Art Call For Artists for Miami Beach Food Truck Fest
SUBMISSIONS DUE OCTOBER 11, 2012 at MIDNIGHT
Life Is Art is now accepting submissions for artist space at the Miami Beach Food Truck Fest on October 17th and November 14th, 2012.
It has been brought to our attention that the insurance requirement for this show is too much for many artists. Because our mission is to make our shows as accessible as possible, we have worked hard to offer you a reasonable alternative. If you do not carry your own insurance, you may purchase a rider from Life Is Art for only $25. This is significantly less than it would cost normally and is subsidized by our own funds.
Because of this, we have extend the Call for Artists for a few days. The deadline is now Thursday, October 11 at midnight.
This is an outdoor boothed show and includes food trucks, musical entertainment and art. Spaces are very limited. This is a juried show. The event is produced by the City of Miami Beach with the assistance of the North Beach Development Corporation. Life Is Art has been invited to curate a small art show as part of the event.
The City of Miami Beach is bringing in Food Trucks, Live Music and doing a lot of marketing for this show. Last month, they had over 2000 people show up and are expecting more this month! For more details about the event, click here.
- EXTENDED Deadline Thursday October 11, 2012
- There is no fee to apply.
- This is a juried show.
- Booth fee is $50.00
- Fees must be paid upon acceptance or your space will be given to another artist.
- All fees may be paid via Paypal, Credit Card, Check or Cash.
- Fees are non-refundable.
- Artist spaces include a 10×10 tent.
- Artists must supply their own display materials, chairs and tables.
- Artists must provide proof of a resale certificate (sales tax number).
- Artists must carry their own liability insurance and name the City of Miami Beach as an additional insured. If you do not have insurance, you may purchase a rider from Life Is Art for only $25.
- Should you be accepted, you will be notified via EMAIL on October 9th. You must confirm your acceptance within 24 hours.
- Set Up will be the day of from 2pm-5pm.
- Take down will be immediate after the show. All materials must be removed by end of day.
Miami Beach Food Truck Fest
October 17, 2012
5:00pm – 10:00pm
North Shore Band Shell and 73rd Street
Miami Beach, FL
Number of artist booths: 6
Show is rain or shine.
Miami Beach’s North Shore Park Bandshell & Ocean Terrace will dress in the typical, characteristic Latin flavor of the North Beach area to welcome the Miami Beach Food Truck and Music Fest on Wednesday nights this fall.
The events take place on September 19, October 17 and November 14, from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., at the North Shore Park Bandshell on Collins Avenue and 73 Street. The food and music fest will feature the popular mobile food trucks, free entertainment and participation by area restaurants. Over a dozen food trucks are expected to line the streets and live music by popular bands will take place inside the Bandshell.
THE FINE PRINT
By agreeing to set up at Miami Beach Food Truck Fest, the above agrees to protect, keep and save Life Is Art, The City of Miami Beach, and all their officers and staff, forever harmless from any damage, loss, cost, liability, or expense that arises from their being at this event. This agreement covers full setup, run of the event, and takedown. By signing below, you indicate your approval of all information contained.
Life Is Art reserves the right to refuse entrance or participation as allowed by law.
I have read and understood and agree to all of the above.
I release Life Is Art and the City of Miami Beach to use my name, image, and company information in the promotion of the event.
By typing my name below, I certify that this signifies a signature of agreement.
Life Is Art is a non-profit organization dedicated to the promotion and support of the arts and community in south Florida through the production of arts and educational.