Life Is Art and Soul Of Miami Present Social Influencers TC Launch Party and Beats After Sunset
November 2, 2012, 6-8pm
Bass Museum Of Art
2100 Collins Avenue
Miami Beach, Florida 33139
Soul Of Miami and Life Is Art are excited to bring you a special night of art and social media!
The night starts at 6pm with a unique launch party for our guests. We will be joined by the art/tech group LAB Miami.
Entry is complimentary, but you must RSVP.
Â RSVPs ARE NOW CLOSED
The Launch Party celebrates the opening of TC: Temporary Contemporary and will include:
* 6 â€“ 6:45 guests will arrive, mingle and begin the Duvel beer tasting. At this time, the microphone will be set up with the speakers on the terrace.
* 6:30 Silvia will speak about the project, what is tc: temporary contemporary and why tc fits with the Bass Museum of Art mission.
* 6:40 Chelsea to speak about the selection process of artists and public installation process
* 6:45 tour begins in Collins Park with Susan Philipsz then moves to Michael Linares piece then Cristina Lei Rodriguez piece at Walgreens â€“ where Cristina will be stationed to speak more about her work and her involved in this exhibition. The tour will then go to the gas station, then back to the Bass Museum of Art for the final two installations on the building
* Complimentary admission to Beats After Sunset (8-11pm) with special promotional card distributed at the launch event.
* Bring your walking (and dancing) shoes!
* Follow along with Hashtag: #tempcontemp
Beats After Sunset 8pm-11pm
That is followed at 8pm with the exciting monthly Beats After Sunset art party.
All attendees to the Launch Party will get in FREE to Beats! (Normally $10)
Beats After Sunset includes complimentary drinks, energetic music,Â admission to the museum and lots of great socializing.
About TC: Temporary Contemporary
TC: Temporary Contemporary is a city-wide temporary, public art program initiated by the Bass Museum of Art in partnership with the City of Miami Beach. This program seeks to activate the urban landscape with art, surprising and engaging residents, visitors and passers-by with outdoor works of art in unexpected places. Sculpture, murals, sound installations, video and other interactive works of art, will interrupt peopleâ€™s daily routines and encourage thoughtful interactions with the city and its communities. Public art becomes a catalyst to appreciate the unique character of Miami Beach from the Art Deco faÃ§ade of the Bass Museum to Frank Gehryâ€™s New World Symphony, to the busy streets and boardwalk and the spaces in between.
Exhibitions on view:
*bass museum of art | selections from the collection in conversation with works by janine antoni, michele oka doner, rimma gerlovina & valeriy gerlovin, ana mendieta, anne olofsson, manny prieres and peter voulkos
*Guest DJ, mixologist and complimentary specialty cocktails (21+). After party in partnership with CHALK.
For more info: call 305.673.7530