Very cool call for artists from the Boca Museum! Definitely check this out.
– – – – – – – – – – – –
All Florida Competition and Exhibition
60th Annual All Florida Juried Competition and Exhibition
June 29 – September 11, 2011
CONTACT: Address all general questions via email correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org
Address specific questions regarding shipping and handling to email@example.com
The Museum’s All Florida exhibition annually showcases the best prominent and emerging Florida artists working in all media today. As the state’s oldest annual juried competition, the Museum’s All Florida has introduced the work of thousands of Florida artists – emerging, under-recognized, and established younger and mid-career artists. Representing a dynamic contemporary cross-section of our state’s talent, the 60th All Florida Juried Exhibition reinforces the Museum’s commitment to Florida artists, provides professional exhibition opportunities for emerging artists, and reveals a provocative glimpse – through Florida artists’ eyes – of the state-of-the-art today.
The juror for the 60th Annual All Florida is Valerie Ann Leeds. Ms. Leeds is an independent scholar living in New Jersey. She serves as adjunct curator of American Art at the Flint Institute of Arts, Michigan, and prior to that held curatorial positions at the Orlando Museum of Art, the Tampa Museum of Art and the Whitney Museum of American Art. She earned her M.A. at Syracuse University, and her Ph.D. in American Art at the City University of New York. Dr. Leeds is an expert on the work of Robert Henri, and has organized exhibitions, lectured and written on various topics in American Art.
The Museum will once again utilize the electronic online web-service, CaFEâ„¢, to accept all applications. Go to the CaFEâ„¢, www.callforentry.org website, fill out an artist profile, choose the Boca Raton Museum of Art 60th Annual All Florida Juried Competition and Exhibition from the list of calls available and then fill out the application forms. Upload your photos and you’re finished!
1. Carefully review all sections of the online CaFEâ„¢ directions and application.
2. Complete ALL portions of the CaFEâ„¢ application. Any incomplete application fields will disqualify the submitted artwork without refund. THIS INCLUDES THE DATE THAT THE PIECE WAS CREATED. Review your application before submission!
DEADLINE FOR ENTRY
All entries must be submitted online no later than Friday, April 15, 2011. Unless you are a video artist, do not send anything to the Boca Raton Museum of Art, it will be returned to you.
FEES and IMAGES
There is a non-refundable entry fee of $35. For the $35, an artists may submit 1, 2 or 3 artworks. Payment is accepted online only by credit cards. Enter credit card information at the end of the application process. No personal checks or cash will be accepted.
Please access the http://www.callforentry.org/imaging_tips.phtml “Image Prep” button on the CaFÃ‰TM main menu page for detailed information regarding image specifications and upload directions.
Please Read The Following Application Instructions Carefully:
1. 2D artists MAY submit up to three (3) artworks, one (1) image each. (NO DETAIL shots will be accepted, and if uploaded will subsequently be â€œdumpedâ€ from the application.)
2. 3D artists MAY submit up to three (3) artworks as well, with no more than two (2) images allowed per work so that the work may be seen “in the round”.
3. Video and time-based artists must complete the full Boca Raton Museum of Art 60th Annual All Florida application on CaFEâ„¢. They must include two (2) still images per artwork submitted that represent the visual component of the work. In addition, copies of the video or sound based materials must be sent separately to: Kelli Bodle, Curatorial Assistant, Boca Raton Museum of Art, 501 Plaza Real, Boca Raton, Florida 33432. Sample video or sound work must be in readable CD or DVD format. DVDs must be able to be played in a standard DVD player. Video or sound materials must be POSTMARKED by Thursday, April 8, 2011.
4. Failure To Comply With These Rules Will Result In Disqualification.
Instructions on how to format images to CaFEâ„¢ specifications can be found at http://www.callforentry.org/imaging_tips.phtml Image Prep. Failure to comply with the image specifications will prevent the successful electronic submission of applications.
Â· Only original artworks completed AFTER January 1, 2009 and not previously exhibited at the Boca Raton Museum of Art are eligible.
Â· No digital reproductions of original artworks will be accepted. If a work of art already exists (as a painting, watercolor, drawing, photograph, etc.) and is copied by digital or photographic means and printed on an offset press, serigraph press or through a computer by means of an ink jet or electrostatic printer, this would be a reproduction. All prints in the Digital and Photography category must be signed and numbered in a limited edition of 250 or less.
Â· No works containing live plants, perishable items or works requiring consistent maintenance will be accepted.
Â· No artwork measuring more than 8 feet in any direction or weighing more than 100 pounds will be accepted without prior written permission from the Curatorial Department.
Â· Every artwork must be ready to install. ALL 2D works MUST BE wired or have hanging devices ALREADY attached and in place and ready for hanging (we will NOT include any artworks in the exhibit if they are delivered unprepared for installation).
Â· All works must be properly identified with a secured, legible and fully completed label on the reverse (which will be provided in the acceptance email notifications).
Â· Canvases larger than 48 inches in any direction should be reinforced with cross braces.
Â· Do not use glass on works exceeding 16 x 20 inches. Plexiglass is encouraged but not required for works of this size.
Â· Canvases with wet paint and frames in fragile condition will be disqualified.
Â· The Museum does not provide audio visual equipment for video works; the artist must provide their own.
Â· The juror’s decisions are final. NO refunds will be given for any rejected entries.
Â· No substitutions will be permitted.
SHIPPING OF ORIGINAL WORKS
1. Accepted artists are responsible for all shipping arrangements and expenses. Roundtrip shipping expenses must be pre-paid and return shipping arrangements should be explained in writing. Those sent collect will not be accepted. Please allow two weeks for shipment.
2. All packing material must be sufficient for safe return. When possible, use screws instead of nails to secure wooden crates.
3. All crates must be clearly and properly labeled for return shipment.
4. All artwork to be shipped must meet shipping agentsâ€™ requirements.
5. Do not use glass on artworks to be shipped.
6. Shipped works must be received by June 20, 2011.
DROP-OFF & PICK-UP OF ORIGINAL WORKS
Original artwork accepted for exhibition must be dropped off between 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM on September 12 or 13, 2011, and picked up between 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM on June 21 or 22, 2011. Artworks will not be released to any person other than the artist without written authorization from the artist to the Boca Raton Museum of Art.
Unless prior written permission is arranged, artworks not picked up by 5:00 PM, September 13, 2011 will be subject to an initial charge of $20 plus $5 for each additional business day. If not retrieved by September 30, 2011, any artwork will be considered a donation to be sold in the Annual Auction to benefit the Museum. Artists will be liable for all additional expenses including packing, transportation, insurance and off-site storage. No exceptions will be made.
The Boca Raton Museum of Art does not participate in the sale of artwork. Neither will the Museum provide any documents of authenticity. All inquiries will be directed to the artist or their representative.
$3,000.00 will be distributed as follows:
Merit Awards (3): $500.00
FRIDAY, January 21
Call for Entries announcement card is mailed out to Florida artists
TUESDAY, February 1
CaFEâ„¢ begins accepting online 60th Annual All Florida applications
FRIDAY, April 15
Deadline for entry (NO EXCEPTIONS)
FRIDAY, April 22 through THURSDAY, April 28
Jurying of entries
THURSDAY and FRIDAY, May 5 and 6
Email notifications of acceptance and/or rejection
TUESDAY and WEDNESDAY, June 21 and 22
Drop-off of works selected for exhibition
SATURDAY and SUNDAY, June 25 and 26
Juror selects award winners
TUESDAY, June 28
Opening reception, 6:00 to 9:00 PM
Awards Presentation 7:00 PM
WEDNESDAY, June 29 to SUNDAY, September 11
Exhibition open to public
MONDAY and TUESDAY, September 12 and 13
Pick-up of artworks
– – – — – – — – –