The Culture Builds Communities programs are designed around facilitation, infrastructure and advocacy. The goal of these programs is to enhance opportunities to leverage artistic work for the benefit of the community and the artists. Advocacy is directed at supporting the artists and assuring their best interests are served.
Facilitation Projects – helping others help themselves [More information coming]
* The keystone to this program is working with other entities to enhance the quality of their programs and projects through art while maintaining quality benefits for the artists.
* Primary partners are municipalities, other not-for-profit organizations and for-profit companies.
* These entities often wish to incorporate art into their projects, but do not have the knowledge or experience to do so with meaningful outcomes.
* Artists have creative vision and ability, but often lack the knowledge or experience to put their creative genius to work.
* Life Is Art bridges this gap by serving as facilitator managing communication, dialogue and resources.
Imaginarium Artistic Community Centers – building the foundation of the arts [More information coming]
* Life Is Art works in tandem with municipalities and community leaders throughout Miami-Dade County to develop artistic compounds that focus around live/work spaces for artists supplemented by housing scholarships.
* These cultural hubs include artist cost-supported artist apartment/studios, a shared exhibition/performance space, and a communal garden/meditation space.
* Each compound is developed with the participation of the local municipal government, the residents and the artists in order align it with the heart of that neighborhood.
* Key to the success of this program is maintaining that the land used for the compounds is to remain in the public interest and not be sold for redevelopment, providing continuity and sustainability for generations to come.
* By providing artists with affordable spaces to live and create art, as well as providing residents with a dedicated area within their community to enjoy the arts, all sectors of the region benefit.
* Artist communities not only provide a cultural hub for residents to come and enjoy, but are also economic drivers, bringing in businesses to the surrounding area like restaurants, boutiques, lounges and other creative economy entrepreneurs.