Through entrepreneurial education, the goal of the Art/Work programs is to provide all people with the knowledge and tools necessary to create robust art commerce. This is achieved through a variety of educational formats, including workshops, seminars, salons, roundtables, visitations and interactive experiences.
Art/Work Connections – business knowledge for artists [Past Event Photos] [Upcoming Events]
* These seminars create a support network for artists by bringing them together with experienced business leaders, arts professionals and educators who share their knowledge regarding the entrepreneurial aspects of art as a business.
* As emerging artists become knowledgeable in such topics as contract negotiation, copyright law, financial planning, marketing, social media, fundraising, and art sales, Miami becomes known for its art/work infrastructure that supports a sustainable art ecosystem.
* Seminars are held at galleries and other art spaces to provide host-partners with exposure and allow gallerists and artists to connect.
Art/Work Collections – art appreciation for emerging collectors [More Information Coming]
* The Collections series works in a social capacity to bring emerging art enthusiasts together with experienced collectors, curators and artists to educate and grow the local base of collectors.
* These sessions take a variety of formats, including visitations to experienced collectors’ homes to gain insights into their collecting and social discussions at galleries to learn from established curators or artists about their backgrounds and motivations.
Art/Work Conversations – critical discussions about art [More Information Coming]
* Conversations bring a much-needed critical approach to art and create a platform upon which deeper discussions of art and, specifically, local art can take place.
* Held as roundtables, panels or salons, each session has a specific topic.
* Topics can include a current exhibition, a specific artist, an individual piece of artwork, even a trend or a movement within the art community.
* One goal of each session is to create and publish a white paper regarding the topic.
Art/Work Conference – major annual international arts conference [More Information Coming]
* This large-scale event is designed to bring together all aspects of the art community from all over the world to learn, share and discuss best practices and trends in the art world.
* The conference is a weekend of educational breakout sessions, keynote speeches, plenaries and socials.
* Renowned international leaders and local experts are tapped to deliver presentations for three segments of the art community: Artists, Arts Administrators and Art Enthusiests.
* The Conference is intended to not only educate attendees, but also advance Miami’s reputation as a serious, thriving arts metro to both international and local observers.