Life Is Art and Soul Of Miami
HeArt of the City Show
Call for Artists
Be a part of DWNTWN Art Days
Life Is Art is now accepting applications for exhibiting at the HeArt of the City Show a as part of Dwntwn Art Days 2013. All forms and styles of art are considered, visual, music, performance and design.
What is the DWNTWN Art Days?
The Miami Downtown Development Authority (Miami DDA) arts and culture initiative DWNTWN Arts and Culture is working to bring together all of Downtownâ€™s exciting arts and culture activities and events under one cohesive umbrella. DWNTWN Art Days is a collective three day arts and culture event spanning Downtown Miami. This event includes exhibitions, exclusive art tours, artists open studios, it also features outdoor performances, an art bike ride, and last but definitely not least free public transportation for easy access to all of arts and culture venues. www.dwntwnarts.com
What is the HeArt of the City Show?
Life Is Art and Soul Of Miami present a collection of exhibitions at numerous venues downtown. This is a non-themed juried art show featuring artists from South Florida. Host venues may include retail stores, restaurants, banks, clubs, or other non-gallery spaces. Each venue hosts one artist and showcases five to ten pieces of work, depending on size and space. This program gives South Florida Artists a chance to participate in Dwntwn Art Days and receive lots of exposure. This show is about bringing the art to the people! More Details.
- Application Fee: None
- Participation Fee: $50.00
- Sales Fee: None
- Each artist may submit up to 3 pieces for consideration.
- Fill out the form below completely to apply.
- Deadline: August 11, 2013
- Artist must be living or working in South Florida.
PARTICIPATING ARTISTS RECEIVE:
- Name recognition and link on the Life Is Art website and the Soul Of Miami website:
lifeisartfest.org and www.soulofmiami.org
- Name recognition on the flyers and posters disseminated by Life Is Art and Soul Of Miami.
- Name recognition via Social Media through Life Is Art and Soul Of Miami.
Twitter @lifeisartfest, @soulofmiami @thepumagirl;
Facebook: groups/lifeisartfest, LifeIsArtFest, SoulOfMiami;
Instagram: soulofmiami, thepumagirl
- Name recognition in emails sent via Life Is Art and Soul Of Miami.
- Name recognition in promotions sent out through all the participating venues.
- Name recognition on the official map of the Dwntwn Art Days.
- Location: Venues around Downtown Miami
- Date: September 20-22, 2013
- Time: Business Hours
- Number of Artists: 10-20
- Number of Pieces: 5-10 per artist, depending on size and space available.
- Sales Fee: None.
- Artists handle their own sales transactions.
- Each venue will host one (1) artist.
- Each artist will be assigned to their own venue.
- Life Is Art will match artists with venues. Each artist will receive information for the venue they will be showing at.
- Artists are expected to promote their show via their channels. Life Is Art will supply promotion materials.
- Artists are responsible for their own display materials. Bring your easels or other display items.
- Each artist is responsible for setting up and managing their exhibition.
- Art should be displayed on easels or other freestanding exhibits.
- Art should be set up and and ready to go by opening of the business each day (this may vary depending on venue.
- Artists should have a representative on site at all times to answer questions, secure the art and manage sales.
- Art must be collected directly after the show.
THE FINE PRINT
By agreeing to set up at the HeArt of the City Show, the above agrees to protect, keep and save Life Is Art and the host venue, and all their officers and staff, forever harmless from any damage, loss, cost, liability, or expense that arises from their being at this event. This agreement covers full setup, run of the event, and takedown. By signing above, you indicate your approval of all information contained.
Life Is Art reserves the right to refuse entrance or participation as allowed by law.
Statement of Agreetment: â€œI have read and understood and agree to all of the above.
Â I release Life Is Art and Dwntwn Art Days to use my name, image, and company information in the promotion of the event.
Â By typing my name below, I certify that this signifies a signature of agreement.â€
*Life Is Art is a certified 501(c)3 charitable corporation. Donations are greatly appreciated and tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
This Call is now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!